Friday, March 5, 2010

What It Takes For Health...Cardiovascular and Overall Health

Another class completed---two more are waiting for me: Nutritional Influences on Health and Basic Herbology. Then it's on to Elements of Traditional Naturopathy...and yes, I'm a nerd...I think they sound very interesting and I can't wait to dive in! Oh, well, someone has to play the nerd role/I love to study & read huge books...and apply all this amazing knowledge in what I do! And it's only by God's grace that I'm moving forward with this---yes, He answers prayers!

This will be a short entry (yeah, right!) being I'm soon ready to head out the door to meet my sweet husband in Phoenix--then leave in the AM for a week! Yes, I'm taking my textbooks with me...and my highlighters...and our laptop. :)

In the middle of one of my chapters in 'Staying Healthy with Nutrition' the author ends a segment in the Special Supplements section with the following statement:

Ultimately, we'll see that maintaining alkalinity and lowering inflammation in the body with consistent good nutrition and regular exercise is going to be our best program for ensuring (and insuring) cardiovascular health.

Hmmmm.....He didn't mention a single medication or treatment for cardiovascular health...Hmmm...
I would take his statement one step further and change the words 'cardiovascular health' to 'overall health.'

The KEY is NOT waiting until something big/bad happens healthwise. Time for building prevention and a true feeling of wellness into our lives is NOW.

Taking small steps in changing what we eat...in the quality of our water...in the quality of our sleep...in making sure we get regular exercise...will pay off immensely in the long run. Remember his mention of 'alkalinity' -- check out some of my previous blogs if you're not familiar with it and how important it is to our health.

One last pointer when it comes to what we eat. Ditch the "I'm going on a diet" or "I'm on a diet" -- we're ALL on some type of diet (obviously some tremendously more healthy than others)! How about saying, "I'm changing my diet" or "I'm changing my diet for the better" (making one small change at a time, like adding a green salad every day).

May you each be blessed with great health--
Sana

No comments:

Post a Comment